Health Policy and Media Engagement Graduate Certificate
Designed for NCSBN by the George Washington School of Nursing (GW Nursing), the Health Policy and Media Engagement Graduate Certificate is a 15 credit certificate program that provides an opportunity for NCSBN members to increase their scholarly knowledge of health care policy and enhance their leadership skills in this domain.
Participants in the program will be challenged to:
- Expand their knowledge and skills to identify health problems needing a policy solution
- Analyze competing policy plans
- Formulate policy options
- Evaluate the impact of policy in an academic setting
Graduates of this certificate will be prepared to:
- Hold positions on regulatory boards in a variety of jurisdictions (local, state, federal, international)
- Provide leadership to private, philanthropic, and health organizations
- Impact legislation, policy, regulations, and other health care decisions
Applications to this program should be submitted to GW Nursing. Further details regarding the application process can also be found on that page.
GW Nursing Admissions Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one academic)
- Current resume
- Personal statement
NCSBN Member Scholarship
Each year five full scholarships will be provided to NCSBN members that are accepted and enroll in the program. All other NCSBN members will receive a 10% discount for the program.
Applicants for the NCSBN scholarship must have completed a baccalaureate degree or higher. Please download the application form, save a personal copy and return it via email to email@example.com. Applications for the 2019-20 academic year have now closed.