Authorization to Test
After the board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB) declares you eligible, you will receive an Authorization to Test (ATT) email.
You will receive your ATT via the email address you provided when registering. You must have your ATT email to schedule an appointment to take the NCLEX. To gain access to the NCLEX, you will be required to present one form of acceptable identification. The first and last name on your identification must match exactly the name you provided when registering.
ATT Validity Dates
- Each ATT is valid for a period of time specified by the BON/RB (the average length of an ATT is 90 days).
- Once the BON/RB has declared you eligible to test and you receive your ATT, you must test within the validity dates on the ATT.
- Call NCLEX Candidate Services if you've lost your ATT or if your board has made you eligible and you have not received your ATT.
- The ATT contains the authorization number, candidate identification number and an expiration date.
- These validity dates cannot be extended for any reason.