Exam Volunteer Opportunities
Hundreds of nurse educators, clinicians and managers who work with entry-level nurses contribute to the development of the NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN licensing exams. Below are the three panels for which volunteers are selected:
- Item Writing - Item writers create the items that are used for the NCLEX.
- Item Review - Item reviewers examine the items that are created by item writers.
- Panel of Judges - The panel of judges recommends potential NCLEX passing standards to the NCSBN Board of Directors.
Benefits of Participation
- Earn continuing education contact hours.
- Contribute to continued excellence in the nursing profession.
- Network on a national level.
- Build new skills that are useful at work as well as for professional growth.
It is Easy to Participate!
Reminder: LPN/VNs who plan to take the NCLEX-RN within two years of service with NCSBN do not qualify for participation.
NCLEX Detailed Test Plans
Reviewing the NCLEX-RN and/or NCLEX-PN Detailed Test Plans will help you prepare for the item development session.