No requirements beyond those listed in pre-licensure distance education:
- Out-of-state Nursing programs offering educational services in Wyoming must apply for approval to both the Board of Nursing as well as the Wyoming Department of Education. Please provide written proof of approval from the Wyoming Department of Education.
- A distance nursing education program(s) planning to provide a course(s) within a specific time frame shall submit a letter of request to the board the semester prior to request for implementation. The letter of request shall include the following information:
- Statement of intent with rationale to provide the distance education course.
- Accreditation status of the parent institution and the nursing education program.
- Faculty qualification sheets.
- Anticipated student population.
- Curriculum content and the course outline; and
- Anticipated timeline to provide the course.
Source: Wyoming Administrative Rules and Regulations, Chapter 6, Section 2 (ii)
- Additionally, out-of-state programs must submit the following:
- Completion of Application.
- Written proof of approval by Board of Nursing in home state (physical location).
- Written proof of National Accreditation.
- A copy of the clinical agreement between the facility and school where the student will complete the clinical course.
- A copy of the course syllabus to approve the clinical course.
- All faculty participating in clinical in Wyoming shall have a Wyoming license.
- Must provide a yearly abbreviated annual report
- Must include invoice payment
Licensure: Clinical faculty must be licensed in Wyoming.
Source: Distance Nursing Education Program Approval