No requirements beyond those listed in pre-licensure distance education:
- Out-of-state RN programs wishing to conduct clinical experiences in West Virginia must receive prior approval from the BON. To obtain approval, the following information must be provided:
- Evidence of approval in the home state; if the BON doesn't approve programs, then the program must have accreditation by a board-approved national accrediting body.
- Names and credentials of faculty members who will accompany students to West Virginia. Faculty accompanying students must have a current, active, unencumbered license in West Virginia, and an unencumbered license in all other states in which they are licensed.
- Names of clinical facilities, specific clinical units, and number and level of students in each.
- A signed letter of support from the facility's nurse administrator, speaking to availability of resources.
- A signed letter of support from the nurse administrator of each school of nursing within 25 miles of each facility, indicating that in-state students will not be displaced.
- Evidence that the home state permits nursing students to attend out-of-state clinicals. The West Virginia RN board already possesses this evidence from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Virginia.
Licensure: Didactic and clinical faculty muse be licensed in West Virginia.
Source: Out of State School of Nursing Approval Application and Licensing Information at West Virginia Board of Nursing website.