For LPN and RN licensure:
For APRN licensure:
- Application Checklist
- DC RN license or verification of licensure from the original state. If the original state is expired, verification is required from both the original and a current state. To submit verification of your RN licensure status access NURSYS.COM. If your state does not participate in the NURSYS verification system, request that verification be emailed to the DC Board of Nursing. Our email address is on file with each non-participating state board of nursing. Non-NURSYS Participating Boards (Alabama; California; Michigan; Pennsylvania)
- Verification of APRN certification. Contact your certifying body and request that proof of current certification is emailed to the Board of Nursing. Each certifying body has the Board of Nursing’s contact and email information on record.
- The DC Board of Nursing require substantially equivalent nursing education. Our requirements are Board approval, clinical hours, and national nursing accreditation for our local programs.
- Notice of Final Rulemaking
- Includes information on nursing education programs
For more information: