Created by a Delegate Assembly resolution in 2007, the NCSBN Associate Membership category is designed to provide a forum by which nursing regulatory bodies from around the globe can join NCSBN in a dialogue regarding issues of common concern, as well as share information and knowledge in a multicultural exchange of thoughts and ideas.
To become an NCSBN Associate Member, an organization must be:
- A nursing regulatory body or empowered regulatory authority from another country or territory; and approved for membership by the NCSBN Delegate Assembly.
Associate Members participate in NCSBN information sharing, educational sessions, and networking opportunities. Some benefits of becoming an Associate Member of NCSBN include but are not limited to:
- Invitations to attend NCSBN meetings
- Access to comprehensive “Members Only” Web site
- Access to certain areas of the Nursys system containing nurse license and license discipline information provided by boards of nursing
- Access to a multitude of online course offerings
- Access to NCSBN publications such as white papers, newsletters and brochures
- Education, discipline, practice, and policy conference calls
Although associate members have a nonvoting voice at Delegate Assembly, these members shall be eligible to serve, if appointed, on NCSBN committees (except the NCLEX Examinations Committee and the Finance Committee) with full voting rights as committee members.
Organizations interested in becoming an associate member of NCSBN must first submit a completed application to the NCSBN Member Relations department at email@example.com for consideration. Applications are considered by the NCSBN Delegate Assembly each year at its Annual Meeting. Upon approval, associate members are required to execute a member agreement as well as pay an annual membership fee of $1,500. Payment of annual dues is required in order to maintain membership in NCSBN.
Current Associate Members include:
- Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Bermuda Nursing Council
- College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
- College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
- Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association
- Singapore Nursing Board
For questions or additional information please contact the NCSBN Member Relations department at 312.525.3600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.