Social Media Guidelines
- Social Media White Paper
- Article in the Journal of Nursing Regulation
- Professional Boundaries Brochure
- Respecting Professional Boundaries Course
- NSNA Social Media Guidelines
- Presentation to the National Student Nurses Association
- Presentation to the University of Chicago
Social Media Brochure
Download or order your Social Media Brochure.
- NCSBN has developed guidelines for using social media responsibly. Due to the inappropriate use of social media, some nurses have lost their jobs, been disciplined by the board of nursing and have been criminally charged.
- NCSBN has collaborated with the American Nurses Association (ANA) on the professional use of social media. NCSBN has endorsed ANA's principles of using social media, and ANA has endorsed NCSBNs guidelines.
- ANA and NCSBN are planning further collaborative efforts to get the word out about using social media appropriately without harming patients.