Innovative Solutions: Robots in Nursing Education?
- Presented By
- Debi Sampsel, RN, Executive Director, Nursing Institute of West Central Ohio
- Carol A. Holdcraft, DNS, RN, Assistant Dean, College of Nursing and Health, Wright State University
- G. Garfield Jones, Vice President Midwest Region, InTouch Health
- Education, Faculty Shortage, Innovations in Regulation
- Board Staff, General Public, Nursing Educators
- Knowledge Network
- Advanced Practice, All, Board Governance, Board Presidents, Discipline, Education, Executive Officers, IRE Fellowship Program, IT / Nursys / Licensing and Discipline Ops, Licensed Practical and Vocational Nurses, NCLEX Examinations, NNAAP and MACE Exams, Nurse Licensure Compact, Policy and Legislative Affairs, Practice, Research, TERCAP
The regional nursing education community in West Central Ohio, in a collaborative project, is studying the use of a remote presence robot as an innovative solution to the faculty shortage. They are exploring the possibility of using robots to extend the careers of faculty members who want to retire, but who are still willing to share their wisdom and knowledge with nursing students. Regulators need to know about these cutting-edge advances in nursing education in their mission of protecting the public. Sampsel provides a special demonstration of the robot for the audience.