APRN & RN Licensure Map
NCSBN’s APRN Campaign for Consensus: State Progress toward Uniformity
APRN & RN Licensure
While many BON have the equivalent of a license, in order to maintain uniformity with the Consensus Model this map illustrates which jurisdictions use the term "license" in authorizing APRN practice. Hover over the red states to see what other term is used.
Independent - no requirement for a written collaborative agreement, no supervision, no conditions for practice.
Not Independent - a written agreement exists that specifies scope of practice and medical acts allowed with or without a general supervision requirement by a MD, DO, DDS or podiatrist; or direct supervision required in the presence of a licensed, MD, DO, DDS or podiatrist with or without a written practice agreement.
Prescriptive Authority - an APRN is authorized to prescribe pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies beyond the perioperative and periprocedural periods.
Updated as of 02/22/2018. Maps will be periodically updated as APRN laws change.
- APRN Maps - Implementation Status
- APRN Title Map
- APRN Roles Map
- Education Map
- Certification Map
- CRNA Independent Practice Map
- CNM Independent Practice Map
- CNS Independent Practice Map
- CNP Independent Practice Map
- CRNA Independent Prescribing Map
- CNM Independent Prescribing Map
- CNS Independent Prescribing Map
- CNP Independent Prescribing Map