CNP Independent Prescribing Map
NCSBN’s APRN Campaign for Consensus: State Progress toward Uniformity
Independent Prescribing - CNP
Can CNPs prescribe independently?
Independent - no requirement for a written collaborative agreement, no supervision, no conditions for practice.
Not Independent - a written agreement exists that specifies scope of practice and medical acts allowed with or without a general supervision requirement by a MD, DO, DDS or podiatrist; or direct supervision required in the presence of a licensed, MD, DO, DDS or podiatrist with or without a written practice agreement.
Prescriptive Authority - an APRN is authorized to prescribe pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies beyond the perioperative and periprocedural periods.
Updated as of 04/23/2018. Maps will be periodically updated as APRN laws change.
- APRN Consensus Implementation Status
- APRN Title Map
- APRN Roles Map
- APRN & RN Licensure Map
- Education Map
- Certification Map
- CRNA Independent Practice Map
- CNM Independent Practice Map
- CNS Independent Practice Map
- CNP Independent Practice Map
- CRNA Independent Prescribing Map
- CNM Independent Prescribing Map
- CNS Independent Prescribing Map