- Out-of-state RN programs wishing to conduct clinical experiences in West Virginia must receive prior approval from the BON. To obtain approval, the following information must be provided:
- Evidence of program approval by the BON in the state in which the school is located; if the BON doesn't approve programs, then the program must have accreditation by a board-approved national accrediting body.
- Provide name of the West Virginia Health Care Facility and the names and license credentials of faculty members who will accompany students to West Virginia
- Documentation of the names of each heatlth care facility to be used
- Faculty members must have a current, active, unencumbered NLC multistate or West Virginia RN license
Source: Out of State School of Nursing Approval Application
View West Virginia-RN's Nurse Practice Act and Administrative Rules.
West Virginia-PN Requirements as a Host State
- Delivery of instruction by distance education methods must be consistent with the program curriculum plan. Students must meet the goals, competencies, and objectives of the educational program and standards of the board.
- Use of reputable “virtual clinical experiences” as found on the Internet, CD-ROM, or other electronic media may be used to supplement (not replace) physical clinical experiences.
- A faculty-student ratio of 1:10 must be maintained.
Source: West Virginia-PN's Nurse Practice Act and Administrative Rules.