Source: Alabama Administrative Code, Chapter 610-X-3, Sections 3 and 4
- An out-of-state program wishing to provide clinical experiences in Alabama must submit a letter of intent containing the following to the board 30 days prior to the experience:
- The name of the institution, the type of program, and its approval and accreditation information from the home state. The program must be fully approved in its home state and accredited by an organization recognized by the US Department of Education.
- The name (and license number, if applicable) of the student, the clinical supervisor, and the faculty responsible for oversight.
- The name and location of the clinical facility, with statement from the facility's Chief Nursing Officer addressing the availability of clinical experiences for both in-state and out-of-state students.
- Learning outcomes expected of the student.
View Alabama's Nurse Practice Act and Administrative Rules.