NCLEX Item Selection
- Presented By
- NCLEX Examinations
- NCLEX Exam
- General Public
- Every time you answer an item, the computer re-estimates your ability based on all the previous answers and the difficulty of those items.
- The computer then selects the next item that you should have a 50% chance of answering correctly.
- This way, the next item should not be too easy or too hard
- The computer's goal is to get as much information as possible about your true ability level
- You should find each item challenging as each item is targeted to your ability
- With each item answered, the computer's estimate of your ability becomes more precise.