Past Event: 2015 NCSBN APRN Roundtable
The 2015 NCSBN APRN Roundtable: State-based Challenges and Solutions.
- Explain the evolution of prescription drug monitoring program [PDMP] legislation as a response to prescription drug abuse in the U.S.
- Describe how PDMPs might avert diversion of drug after prescriptions are dispensed.
- Elaborate on the similarities and differences of various state’s PDMP policies and programs.
- Describe PDMP tools for use by states in implementing PDMP policy and the interoperability among state PDMPs and the sharing of PDMP data.
- Suggest the optimal use of PDMP for APRN prescribers and any barriers to use of PDMPs by APRN prescribers.
- Explain the potential unintended consequences of PDMPs and elaborate on the means to counter such effects.
- Describe the challenges of placing APRNs on clinical assignments in the state where their graduate program resides and in states outside where their graduate program resides.
- Explain the competition for clinical sites among physician, APRN, and physician assistant students.
Intended audience: Professionals, educators, professional societies, credentialing agencies and others interested in the grassroots work of moving toward the unified elements of The Consensus Model for APRN Regulation, 2008.
- Rosemont, IL
- Practice, Regulation
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs)
- Board Executives, Board Members, Board Staff, Consumer Groups, Health Care Organizations, Policy Makers
- Knowledge Network
- Advanced Practice