Past Event: 2016 NCSBN APRN Roundtable
The 2016 NCSBN APRN Roundtable is intended for professionals, educators, professional societies, credentialing agencies and others interested in the grassroots work of moving toward the unified elements of The 2008 Consensus Model for APRN Regulation.
- Describe the adoption of and alignment with the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Consensus Model by states [2008-2016] using the NCSBN Map methodology.
- Detail the telehealth legislation in states that may impact APRN practice.
- Explain the APRN Compact legislation and describe how states may choose to participate in the APRN Compact.
- Detail current and anticipated legislation related to the revised National Licensure Compact (NLC) and the APRN Compacts.
- Discuss how Licensure, Accreditation, Certification and Education (LACE) organizations might be impacted by telehealth and APRN mobility.
- Explain the challenges confronting educational programs in meeting the needs of APRN students amidst rapid enrollment expansions and competition for clinical education slots.
- Describe the work of the APRN Clinical Education Taskforce and the recommendations resulting from that work.
- Suggest changes to APRN education that may result from inter professional education as well as from innovations in education such as the use of simulation for clinical training.
- Discuss the implications of changes to APRN education to Boards of Nursing and to LACE organizations.
- Rosemont, IL
- Practice, Regulation
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs)
- Board Executives, Board Members, Board Staff, Consumer Groups, Health Care Organizations, Policy Makers
- Knowledge Network
- Advanced Practice