Original Nurse Licensure Compact

The original Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) allows nurses with a multistate license to practice physically, telephonically, or electronically in their home state and other original NLC states.

The Future of the NLC

In 2015, the original NLC underwent revisions which led to new legislation being adopted, known as the enhanced NLC (eNLC).

At this time, most NLC states and many non-compact states are moving forward with the process of joining the enhanced NLC. To learn more, please visit the eNLC page.

NLC Member States

The following map illustrates those states that are part of the original NLC.

(select a state/territory for contact info)