National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is an independent, not-for-profit organization through which boards of nursing act and counsel together on matters of common interest and concern affecting public health, safety and welfare, including the development of nursing licensure examinations.
Contact Your Board of Nursing
Select Your Board of NursingNot in the United States?
- American Samoa
- District Of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Virgin Islands
- West Virginia*
NCLEX-RN and NCLEX-PN Examinations developed and administered by NCSBN are constantly and rigorously evaluated to keep pace with the rapidly evolving health care environment.
About the NCLEX
Application & Registration
Learn about the NCLEX registration and application for licensure/registration processes.
About Application & Registration
View the NCLEX test plans which serve as blue prints to outline the content to be tested and guide the item writing process.
About Test Plans
NewsSee All News
In honor of the 40th anniversary of its “birthday” June 5, NCSBN has unveiled a new logo and new branding for the organization.Read More
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing Inc. (NCSBN) will recognize its dedicated and exceptional membership and guests at its annual awards ceremony during the NCSBN Annual Meeting and Delegate Assembly, held in Minneapolis, Aug. 15-17, 2018.Read More
Nurses Week Celebration & Sale at learningext.comPosted: 5/6/2018
We're celebrating nurses week on learningext.com. Features include:
- 10% off of all Learning Extension courses purchased between May 6 and May 12, 2018, including our updated NCLEX-RN review course!
- A different NCLEX-style question daily. Find them on social media with #QoftheDay.
- Meet Nurse Jen, RN, on the Instructor's Blog.
Major updates to Learning Extension’s NCLEX-RN review coursePosted: 5/1/2018
NCSBN Learning Extension has launched version 9 of its NCLEX-RN review course. Features include:
- Restructured content to support self-directed learning
- Interactive & mobile friendly
- 1,500+ NCLEX-style questions
- Activities to help retention
- Content supporting different learning styles (audio, visual & kinesthetic)
Learn more and sign up at learningext.com.