NCLEX Research Opportunities
Joint Research Committee (JRC)
- Created to encourage research that supports the
continued use of the NCLEX for initial licensure and supports
enhancements to the NCLEX process
- Comprised of NCSBN staff, staff from NCSBN's contracted test vendor (Pearson VUE) and selected external researchers
What does the JRC do?
- Develops a research agenda to directly benefit the NCLEX program
- Solicits and reviews research proposals that address the above type of research
- Selects research proposals with the most direct benefit to the NCLEX program
- Facilitates the execution of research
The JRC does not provide funding for research that is only
loosely related to the NCLEX or is primarily about nursing or education
Who can submit research proposals to the JRC?
The JRC welcomes proposals from:
- Institutions of higher education
- Public and private organizations, institutions and agencies
Affiliation or partnership with a university or nursing school is not required.