The importance of working with others and the abilities to delegate, assign, manage and supervise have never been as critical and challenging as in 21st century health care.
- The number of nurses is not keeping pace with the growing needs for nursing services.
- Nurses have traditionally used a variety of nursing assistive personnel in order to meet the needs of clients.
- Critical regulatory issues are raised by the use of Unlicensed Assistive Personnel (UAP).
- The profession of nursing must determine how to safely and effectively delegate aspects of care to comptetent others.
NCSBN's position papers on delegation and working others:
- Working with Others: Delegation and Other Health Care Interfaces
- Delegation Joint Statement NCSBN-ANA