NCSBN is a not-for-profit organization whose members include jurisdictional boards of nursing from around the world, including member boards in the 50 states, the District of Columbia and four U.S. territories. The membership also includes 30 associate members. Most recently the creation of the exam user member category was approved by the 2017 Delegate Assembly. The first exam user members will be eligible to be voted in at the August 2018 Delegate Assembly.
NCSBN is the vehicle through which jurisdictional boards of nursing act and counsel together to provide regulatory excellence for public health, safety and welfare.
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) provides education, service, and research through collaborative leadership to promote evidence-based regulatory excellence for patient safety and public protection.
(Mission Statement Adopted by Delegate Assembly 2010)
Advance regulatory excellence worldwide.
- Collaboration: Forging solutions through respect, diversity, and the collective strength of all stakeholders.
- Excellence: Striving to be and do the best.
- Innovation: Embracing change as an opportunity to better all organizational endeavors and turning new ideas into action.
- Integrity: Doing the right thing for the right reason through honest, informed, open and ethical dialogue.
- Transparency: Demonstrating and expecting openness, clear communication, and accountability of processes and outcomes.