Governance & Staff
NCSBN's Governance Structure
The leadership of NCSBN consists of the NCSBN Board of Directors and the NCSBN Delegate Assembly (representative of the 59 member boards of nursing).
NCSBN Delegate Assembly
The Delegate Assembly, NCSBN's voting body, convenes during the organization's annual meeting in August. Activity includes discussion and voting on NCSBN business items and election of individuals to the Board of Directors and Leadership Succession Committee. The Delegate Assembly is composed of two representatives from each member board of nursing. Member Boards are divided into four geographical areas of the nation, referred to as: Area I (West); Area II (Midwest); Area III (Southeast); and Area IV (Northeast).
NCSBN Board of Directors
Between annual meetings of the Delegate Assembly, an 11-member, elected Board of Directors is charged with overseeing implementation of policy and directing the activities of NCSBN.
2020-2021 NCSBN Board of Directors
- President: Jay P. Douglas, MSM, RN, CSAC, FRE
- President-elect: Vacant
- Treasurer: Adrian Guerrero, CPM
- Area I Director: Vacant
- Area II Director: Lori Scheidt, MBA-HCM
- Area III Director: Phyllis Polk Johnson, MSN, RN, FNP-BC
- Area IV Director: Valerie Fuller, PhD, DNP, AGACNP-BC, FNP-BC, FAANP
- Director-at-Large: Cathy Borris-Hale, RN, MHA
- Director-at-Large: Anne Coghlan, MScN, RN
- Director-at-Large: Amy Fitzhugh, JD
- Director-at-Large: Mark Majek, MA, PHR, SHRM-CP
Committees and Special Committees
Most of NCSBN's objectives are accomplished through the committee process. Committee or special committee membership is available to all current members and staff of NCSBN Member Boards. Committee and special committee activity is monitored throughout the year by the Board of Directors and reported to the membership at its annual Delegate Assembly.