When on a computer the NCSBN website is best viewed in a newer Internet browser:
NCSBN offers links to documents in a number of formats. Some will require Microsoft Office software like Word, Excel or PowerPoint. Many documents are simply Adobe PDF files which can be opened using a common plug-in called Adobe Reader. If you do not have this plugin then download Adobe Reader for free.
When you click on a link that opens another website, pop-up blockers may block the new tab/window to the new website. This depends on your browser settings.
You can allow once or disable all pop-up blockers. Note that many add-on toolbars, including Google and Yahoo, also have pop-up blockers that you may need to turn off.
NCSBN videos do not require any plug-ins to view. Video quality and support in Mozilla Firefox and older Internet browsers is limited. For the best video playback support try downloading the free Google Chrome web browser.
What if the videos are slow, choppy or buffering?
- Check your current Internet connection speed (one site to try is speedtest.net). You'll need a connection downloading at least 0.5 Mbps. At this speed you will likely still see some buffering; over 3 Mbps it should be minimal. Follow the steps below to reduce buffering somewhat, but note that video performance online will always be dependent on your connection speed and stability.
- Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Start the video and then click the 'pause' button immediately. Wait for the video progress bar to load for a bit before clicking 'play' again.
- Close all other applications, especially anything that is streaming media or data (music, movies, downloading documents, etc.). This includes other users on your same Internet connection. If a family member is watching a movie on a service like Netfilx it may be using a lot of the bandwidth.
- Try connecting your computer directly to the router or modem with a wire. Wired connections are more stable than wireless connections and may lessen the amount of buffering.
If you have additional questions or concerns about this website or its content please contact us.